Morro de Arica is a steep hill located in the Chilean city of Arica. Its height is 139 metres above sea level. It can be seen from any point in Arica, and from the top there is a view over the whole city, the beaches and the Pacific Ocean.
It was the last bulwark of defence for the Peruvian troops who garrisoned the city during the War of the Pacific (1879–1883). Morro de Arica was assaulted and captured on June 7, 1880 by Chilean troops in the last part of the Tacna and Arica campaign.
At present, there are a giant flag of Chile is flown on its summit and a statue of the Cristo de la Paz, recording the peace between the three neighbor countries: Chile, Perú and Bolivia.
It was declared a National Monument in 1971, as a historical site.